Sunday, November 9, 2008

Last Day of Work

I have worked 9 years for the Foster Care Citizen Review Board (FCCRB). Our agency was eliminated after a special legislative session was held and The Department of Human Services had significant budget cuts to make. Since our agency was small it was easy to cut. November 6th was my last day. It was hard to clean out my office and say good bye. I will say it has been a rewarding experience to advocate for the children in foster care. I will continue to advocate for children just in another capacity. Thank you family and friends for your support during this transitional period.I wonder who will be in my office next? It still seems like I will be going to work on Monday
Wow, it took me several days to clean out my office. It was sad to close the door and move on!
Flowers from my board members! Working with over 80 volunteers throughout the State of Utah was one of the highlights of my job. I will miss them! Below is a board members for one of my Salt Lake City Boards. I had 7 Salt Lake City Boards, a Moab Board, and a Tooele Board.
While it is sad to say goodbye, I am looking forward to advocating for children as a therapist. Most of you know I am an intern therapist at Intermountain Specialized Abuse Treatment Center (ISAT). Most of my clients are children and adolescents who have experienced some sort of trauma. I have a passion for working with this population and look forward to what opportunities the future will bring!

4 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Wow, I can't believe it's over. Keep staying positive :) You are one of the most compassionate people I know. You work so well with kids and teenagers, I know you are going to find another job and be such a blessing to those kids you work with. Hang in there, We love you!!

Glodowski said...

Something better is going to come up! And remember if you work for the state in Provo you always have a home with us! Love you!

Neal and Mary said...

"Quite a group! you sure helped a lot of people over the years. Your board group sure look nice! The flowers are sure pretty. So many gave you nice gifts and memories, and friendships that you will always remember. Only good things are ahead for you. Wow your office really is empty quite a change!

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Wow-it's weird to see your office completely cleaned out. I know you'll hang in there. You always look on the positive side and I already know you're a great therapist for your clients.