Friday, November 21, 2008

The Houston Zoo

Since it was my last day in Houston, Becky took the kids out of school and we headed to the Zoo. It was great to have one last afternoon with Cater and Callie. We were dreading saying goodbye so this adventure made the day a little easier.
Becky, Cater, and Callie by this lizard monster creature. It is huge!
Callie loved the big cats! This leopard was poising for us!
Callie liked this snake best in the reptile house.
Cater and I were much more into the lizards!
We had a good time walking around the Houston Zoo watching the animals. We all loved watch the monkey area the most. Becky thought it would be great to give the monkeys a little sugar treat so she threw them little balls of cotton candy. They were lovin it. Well I decided to get into the action and when I threw the cotton candy my purse flew off my arm and landed down at the base of the monkey area. Becky was a great sister and climbed down (off the board walk) and got it for me. One of the monkeys was a little fascinated by her being so close and followed along the side of her even after she got back on the board walk. Now that was a RICKI maneuver.
After the Zoo, it was time for me to leave. Callie started crying on the way to the airport which got me all worked up as well. Cater tried to talk me into purposely missing my plane. Knowing that I will see them again in February made it a tiny bit better to leave. Thanks for a great week. I miss and love you!!!

1 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

You are seriously the best aunt ever. Cater and Callie love you and still talk about you.