Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Texas Thanksgiving

We got up Thanksgiving morning and cooked/baked like crazy. Callie and I were in charge of making mini turkey cupcakes. We were a good team and made a whole platter of them (plus the ones we ate as we were making them). Becky made all kinds of good sides and also some homemade rolls! It was fun to be in the kitchen with Becky and Callie. I love holidays and it was for sure a festive day!
The finished product! Gobble Gobble!Cater being silly on the way to Thanksgiving dinner. He is filled with holiday cheer!
We had Thanksgiving dinner over Becky's friend Jenny's house. Jenny was so welcoming and fun to be around. The dinner was fabulous. Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, salad, and much more. Finished the meal with pumpkin and chocolate cream pie!Jenny's house was so festive. Here is the adult Table!Kids table! After dinner the kids went SWIMMING in an outdoor pool? What???? I'm used to Thanksgiving in Utah where it is chilly!
Cater lovin the turkey leg....reminds me of Mema, she always took a big bite out of the turkey leg for a Thanksgiving photo. Way to carry on the tradition Cater!
Sweet Callie and I snuggling on the couch chatting and watching a Dog Show Competition!I am so thankful I got to spend the day with Becky, Ed, Cater, and Callie.

4 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

That pic of Ed and I cracks me up. Reminds me of the darth vader breathing, sweating rigged up photo shoot!! Love ya

Carol said...

It is such a good picture though. Check out Ed's smile. I do love it b/c it reminds me of the photo shoot. I'm seriously surprised that one of us didn't end up wetting our pants. I'm tempted to put the whole shoot on my blog...hee hee. Poor Callie was next:)I forgot about the Darth Vader breathing. I'm laughing out loud right now!

Alli said...

Those cupcakes are sooo cute. Looks like you had a fun time on Thanksgiving. Becky does look a little sweaty in the picture of her and Ed, you will have to tell me the story on that one!

Alli said...

Also, glad to see a picture of Cater eating the turkey leg...somone had to carry on Mema's tradition!