Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Break!

I was so excited that Emily invited me to her house for Easter. I had been working really hard at work and hadn't had much down time. I really needed a vacation. So perfect for me to get away for Spring Break! Emily picked me up on April Fools Day. Seriously, why didn't I think to call her and tell her I missed my plane! That would have been a great April Fools joke since it would be very believable! She is such a cute mom! She told me that she was going to pull an April Fools joke on the kids (Mom was the best at this and she was going to carry on the tradition)! She decided to make grilled cheese sandwiches, which the kids love. The sandwiches would be made out of pound cake and orange frosting. I couldn't quite envision it when she told me about it. Check out this picture. She did an amazing job. It looks like a restaurant quality sandwich! So we were all ready with our cameras waiting for a reaction from the kids. They didn't react at all. Parker did say his favorite part was the cheese! They gobbled up their dinner!
Russ was cracking up and said something to the effect of "this April Fools joke is on us. Now the kids are filled with sugar and will probably be up all night!" It was sooooo funny!
The kids ate every little crumb of their grilled cheese!
Emily made Chinese Chicken Salad for dinner. It hit the spot! But I have to say, the grilled cheese sandwiches were sure good!
Dorky picture of me but Emily and I sure had fun taking the kids to How to Train a Dragon in 3D! We also had fun shopping, going out to lunch, etc.
Mom and Dad were able to spend Easter with us! They got in late Friday night. Emily arranged an afternoon for the three of us to spend the afternoon in Tahoe (Thanks Dad and Russ)!
Lake Tahoe is seriously one of my very favorite places. I love how pretty it is and it is so soothing to me!
The lake is so beautiful. The first stop was a little windy!
We stopped at the Burger Shack for lunch. Yum the Jiffy burger (peanut butter and bacon) was delish! I would for sure get it again! We really had a relaxing drive and fun chat. We stopped in Genoa (I'm sure I'm way off on how to spell this) on our way home and got chocolate. Perfect ending to a fun day!

0 comments: