Saturday, February 27, 2010

Slumber Party

I love spending time with Ethan, Gracie, and Elsa. They came over for a slumber party last weekend. We had a good old time. They how cute they are with the Easter sugar cookies they decorated!!

On Friday night I told the kids that I'm not an early bird (they already know that). So had them pick out a movie from On Demand that they all wanted to watch. I told them that when they woke up they could wake me up, I would put the movie on for them and then I would snooze while they watched it. I also made sure they had markers, paper, etc. Ethan gets up super early so I thought the movie would be perfect idea to keep kids entertained and a little extra sleep for me. I said I would get up at 8:00am though. So I figured they would wake me up to turn on the movie at like 6:30-7:00am. At 8:00am on the dot I happened to shift positions and open my eyes. There was Ethan, Gracie, and Elsa standing by my bed..."Good morning Aunt Carol!" How precious! They didn't wake me up early to put on the movie or anything. Gracie and Ethan said that they decided to do art until Elsa woke up, then they would ask me to turn on the movie. Elsa slept in until 7:55am!!!! This just shows you what sweet respectful kids Gracie, E, and Elsa are. LOVE THEM! Gracie and Ethan had colored several really cool pictures :)

On Saturday morning we made pancakes and hung out at my place. The kids wanted to go over to my office. So we brought lunch and headed over. After spending time at my office we went and saw the movie Tooth Fairy!
Elsa loved the doll house in my office, Ethan played in the sand tray and with bubbles, Gracie liked the stuffed animals and the art stuff! I can't wait to have them come over again soon!

3 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

You are the bestest Aunt ever! I'm excited that I'm moving closer. Even if it's far, it's still closer!!

Alli said...

I agree with Becky, you are definitely the best aunt ever!! It looks like the kids had a great time and wow, that is super sweet that they waited until 8am to wake you up!!

Neal and Mary said...

Looks like they sure had fun with you. They are sure sweet kids. I bet they did have fun in your office as it sure has cool things for the kids to play with.
You are the best aunt ever, and that is a blessing, all of my aunts lived in Ut when I was growing up except my auntie Cecilia and she never treated me like you do to your nieces and nephews!! but I still loved her.