Monday, February 22, 2010

Birthdays!

Mom and Dad try to come up every year for Presidents Day Weekend and we celebrate Feb. birthdays. I love celebrating with Jaime and Dad! Okay so I've been trying to recover from pneumonia. The first few days were miserable but after that just annoying. It has been hanging on and doesn't seem to be going away. I go into coughing spells and sound like I have emphysema. Right when we took birthday pictures I had a coughing attack and got a bloody nose. It wasn't bad at all; however, I had blood on my nose and face and didn't know. So if you look close I look seriously look freaky!
I thought I was looking cute in this picture with my gifts and then...what the heck! After opening presents, Ashlie served cheesecake with raspberry sauce!

Dad and Mom took us out for a birthday dinner at a fun Mexican Restaurant in Spanish Fork. The food was really yummy and they brought us a fancy ice cream treat to celebrate. Thanks mom and dad! It is so nice to celebrate with family!
On my actual birthday I worked all day. The girls in my Girl's group brought me roses, chocolate cake, bubble bath, and wrote me super sweet letters. The other therapists I work with also did nice things to make the day fun. I felt very loved...I got phone calls, emails, texts, and visits from all my closest friends and family. It reminded me of how lucky I am to have so many fabulous people in my life! The weekend following my birthday friends took me to lunch, dinner, shopping, and the movies to celebrate. Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Alli said...

I'm glad you were able to have a party with the family! That is so sweet that the girls in your group brought you stuff! Shows what a good therapist you are!!

Neal and Mary said...

Sure was fun to relive the party. We sure had a good time with you, although staying up til 2am about did me in, but it was worth it as it was fun working with you on your YW lesson.