Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Eve

It was so good to be home for Christmas. We had our traditional Christmas Eve, starting out with fun appetizers.
For dessert, mom made big snowflake sugar cookies. I loved them. They were really pretty also, I'm going to remember them for next year!
After dinner, Dad read the Christmas Story out of the Bible while Parker and Hannah posed as Joseph and Mary. Hannah was very attentive to baby Jesus since it was her Minnie Mouse doll. What is Christmas Eve at home without Dad singing "Oh Holy Night." Emily accompanied him and of course I got a tear in my eye like I always do when Dad sings that song!
Parker and Hannah opened up PJ's and slippers, did a gig by the tree and then we were off to look at Christmas lights. When we got home, the kids put cookies and milk out for Santa and were off to bed.

0 comments: